- Distinction among peers and university faculty and staff on local and national levels
- Identification as an individual of successful academic ability and commitment to the advancement of knowledge and scholastic prestige
- Chapter scholarships and award at the option of individual chapters
- Local chapter and national leadership opportunity.
- An affordable national initiation fee plus a local initiation fee
- Certificate of membership, pin of honors, graduation honor cords
- Lifetime membership is conferred upon induction
- Sophomore standing or higher
- In the top 20% of their class plus a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3
- Open to all students of sound character as defined by the institution from all academic disciplines who meet the membership criteria
- Open to students from all academic disciplines
- By invitation only. Eligible students are invited at least once during each academic year.
- Students who want to transfer their membership may contact the new chapter’s advisor and will be considered on an individual basis by the chapter advisor and new chapter’s officers.