Call for Presentations - 2020 National Conference
We encourage you to present at the 2020 Conference on the theme “The Relevance of the Teachings of W.E.B. Du Bois in the 21st Century.” Students are encouraged to select one of eleven themes from Du Bois’ book, The Souls of Black Folk, and prepare a scholarly presentation. An award will be given for the best presentation.
Important Due Dates
Abstract: Saturday November 30, 2019 by 11:59 PM
Final Submission: Friday, January 31, 2020 by 11:59 PM
Click each icon below to learn more and to submit an abstract.
- The Existence of the Veil
- The Importance of Education
- Duality and “Double Consciousness”
- Persistence of Racism
- The Problem of the Color-Line
- The Injustice of Death
- The Importance and Centrality of Religion
- Black Leaders as Symbols of Change
- Civil Rights
- Material vs. Psychological Racism
- Paper Presentation
- Round Table Presentation and Discussion
- Poster Presentation
- Slideshow/PowerPoint Presentation
- Photo-collage Presentation
- Spoken-word Presentation
Your proposal abstract and full submission for a scholarly presentation must meet all requirements found in the policies and procedures document.
If your scholarly presentation abstract meets all requirements, click the image above to complete an online form and upload the Word document.